BG07 Grade 4 SCP17-20
35 hours per week
43.13 paid weeks per year
Term time only
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Family Support Worker to play a significant pastoral role in this highly successful school. The successful applicant will be highly motivated and able to work flexibly across all sites during term time.
Linwood School is an ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted January 2018) all age range mixed day special school which welcomes pupils from a wide geographical area and supports a comprehensive range of special educational needs and disabilities.
The role will involve working with parents/carers, pupils and other agencies to develop partnerships between the school and families to ensure the best possible outcomes.
The successful applicant will be qualified to a minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant discipline related to children and families.
- A supportive staff and environment committed to achieving excellence.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- The opportunity to play a full part in a dynamic, thriving and diverse school.
We are looking for staff who
- Have excellent people, communication and problem solving skills.
- Are able to engage with families and are proactive in forming positive relationships that will support outcomes.
- Are well organised and keen to further develop their skills.
- Have a sound knowledge of current legislation regarding referrals to external agencies.
- Have a sound understanding of the issues and challenges facing families.
Linwood is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children's welfare and all appointments are subject to successful enhanced DBS checks.
Application forms and further details can be accessed via: www.jobsatbournemouth.com All applications must be submitted electronically.
Please contact Tina McGovern, Family Support Worker, on 0120 2636 804 if you would like to visit the school or if you would like an informal discussion about the position.
Any enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Wendy Perry, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01202 636811
Closing date: 30th September 2018
Interviews will take place: 18th October 2018