An exciting opportunity for a school or university leaver looking for schools experience or considering a teaching qualification.
The successful candidate will support a dynamic Games Department and Junior School in a thriving co-educational preparatory school in Hampstead. This is a temporary contract for one and a half academic terms - 19th February to 6th July 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be called to interview. They should bring with them their original qualifications, a passport or other proof of identity. If not a UK citizen they should bring with them proof of their entitlement to work in the UK. An offer of appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Clearance and the receipt of references satisfactory to the School.
The interview process will involve:
- Assisting at an off-site Games lesson, observed by the Head of PE & Games.
- A tour of the School
- An interview with the Headmistress and Deputy Head
Closing date for completed applications: Wednesday 22nd November
With interviews taking place the following week
To apply for the post, please download application form from behind the apply button and send completed to HRM@devonshirehouseprepschool.co.uk .
Devonshire House Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. Devonshire House Preparatory School is an equal opportunities employer.
If the candidate has lived in a country other than the UK for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 18, a foreign criminal policy check will be required irrespective of whether they worked in those countries.
Gap Assistants work under the direction of the Deputy Head and Head of Games, but a degree of initiative, flexibility and self-motivation is expected.
The School day is from 8.00 a.m. until 4.15 p.m. (to be ready to start work/morning duty for 8.00 a.m.)
Duties include supporting the Games Department, and Junior School and Early Years Deputy Heads.
Gap Assistants are expected to play as full a part in the life of the school, as time permits will be timetabled with duties in school hours which will include the following:
1. To support the various departments in areas that meet your particular skills or interests
2. To assist the Games staff as directed in timetabled Games and PE including supervising changing rooms and fixtures at other schools.
3. To carry out Break-time duties with staff, and other duties as required
4. To assist in the organisation of major school events, as required
5. To help with administrative jobs for teachers such as photocopying, laminating, display boards etc.
6. To undertake such additional duties as might be reasonably requested by the Headmistress or other authorised person.
- To be familiar with and to follow guidelines as set out in the school staff policy documents, with particular reference to Health and Safety.
- To promote a good standard of pastoral care.
- To share in the pastoral duties on rota basis, e.g. break and lunchtime duties.
- To foster and maintain good working relationships, acting as a courteous, friendly and business-like member of the school team and working in a co-operative, diplomatic and flexible manner.
- To maintain good practice in terms of staff attendance, discipline and professional attitude in the school.
- To keep the Class teacher, Head, and Deputy Heads informed of any relevant matters concerning pupils or staff.
- To work with the administrative staff in order to ensure the smooth running of the school on a day-to-day basis and on special occasions.
- Elements of this job description may be re-negotiated periodically.
Full job description attached below.