An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School Kuala Lumpur campus is located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating place to work.
The campus is home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes over 2000 students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1450 attending the international school, 700 of which are in the Secondary school.
The international school offers a rich, quality education with affordable fees and caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia, as well as Malaysian children. Our highly qualified teaching staff are expatriate and local, and are dedicated to developing students academically and socially by driving a co-curricular programme of more than 165 activities.
We are an accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), authorised to deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), an Eco School Silver Award holder and a Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Associate.
Tenby International School, Kuala Lumpur is a member of the Tenby Schools Group, a rapidly growing group of six – soon to be seven – schools in Malaysia. The group recently won Best Brand in International Education at the prestigious Brandlaureate? Awards in Kuala Lumpur. The award recognises Tenby Schools’ reputation for providing world-class international education across Malaysia.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our vision of ‘A United World at Peace - Through Education’.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership experience and be competent in the use of data to improve the effectiveness of Teaching and Learning in producing excellent student outcomes. They will be passionate about learning and about developing teachers to have the maximum impact in developing our students’ full potential.
- To lead the work of the School in Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- To lead analysis of whole school data and develop departmental analysis and use of data.
- To lead a team of staff throughout the school in establishing and embedding a robust and equitable assessment regime
- To line manage the Examinations Officer and ensure exams are run in accordance with external regulations and governance.
- To establish an assessment system that ensures personalised learning and raises achievement for all students in the school.
- The post holder will be responsible for the impact of assessment (including exams) on the teaching and learning of all students across the Key Stages to A-Level.
- They will monitor and evaluate our progress in Assessment with all key stakeholders.
- They will advise the Senior Leadership Team on all matters associated with Assessment, Recording, Reporting and Exams and will ensure that at all times the Head teacher is appraised of the schools progress towards external targets as well as the performance of individual cohorts of students
- They will identify underachievement and support staff in implementing appropriate intervention strategies.
For more information about the school visit: www.tenby.edu.my/setia-eco-park
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Medical cover
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
This is an opportunity for you to live and work in a culturally diverse capital city. There are also opportunities for promotion within the organisation.
How to Apply
The closing date is Friday 16th March 2018 but interested teachers are strongly encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)