We are seeking to appoint a confident, professional Assistant Head - Director of Studies For Humanities to join our Senior Leadership Team. This role will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity. Success in this role will be defined by the academic achievement of our pupils.
The Director of Studies takes leadership responsibility and accountability for the provision of all Humanities subjects for every child.
Overview of key areas of responsibility;
- Be a lead teacher who through their daily practice exemplifies best practice in-line with the Head’s vision for teaching and learning.
- Be an excellent practitioner who can demonstrate consistently ‘Outstanding’ teaching and high rates of pupil progress.
- As a member of SLT you will be required to undertake additional duties and responsibilities, including leading on staff training, taking assemblies, attending after school events and representing the school in the community, as required by the Head.
- Lead the school in providing a Humanities curriculum for each and every child. Have oversight and lead the curriculum (main school and Sixth Form) for our Humanities provision.
Ofsted describe Woldgate School as a ‘…calm and purposeful place’. It is a school with a distinct vision for education, based on shared values, where every child is known and cared for as an individual. We are a school with a positive, welcoming and warm atmosphere, in which students take pride in their school and achievements.
We can offer:
- An exciting role with the opportunity to develop and progress within a supportive, experienced and committed SLT
- The opportunity to make a difference on a whole school perspective
- A supportive governing body, who are committed to raising standard
- A school with a strong community ethos, situated at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds, but within commuting distance from the historic City of York, Leeds and Hull
- Motivated staff and students, who take great pride in our school
Full details and an application form are available at www.woldgate.net
Completed applications should be forwarded to Lucy Bailey,Personnel Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews: w/c 29th April 2019
The position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Woldgate School as part of Wolds Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all out staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1074. A DBS enhanced disclosure that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of employment.