Assistant Head for Inclusion required for September 2018 (or sooner if possible) Salary: Inner London Leadership Pay Range 5 – 9 (£50.906 - £55.411)
Cobourg is a popular, successful 2-form entry primary school in Southwark, South-East London, where children from all backgrounds are able to flourish. We serve a diverse, vibrant community of happy children, who are always ready to learn and to receive the very best education. The school is committed to Inclusion, and achieved the Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence School status in 2014 & 2016, the SSG Silver award for sport in 2014/15, the Primary Science Quality Mark Silver award in 2015, the Healthy Schools London Bronze award in 2016 and the Healthy Schools London Silver award in 2017.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teacher as Assistant Head for Inclusion, to join our hardworking and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about children's learning and development, and will have experience of working with children who have special educational needs. A good knowledge and understanding of the SEND Code of Practice is essential as well as the ability to ensure our Inclusive practice is further developed to promote the highest standards of pupil achievement for all. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone who is committed to enabling all children with additional needs to fulfil their potential and achieve the best possible outcomes. This is a full-time, non-class based position.
Applications are invited from qualified teachers who are either currently working as a SENCO or who are keen to gain a position and complete the National Award for SENCOs.
In addition you will need to:
- Have high expectations of yourself and others and demonstrate an understanding of Inclusive practice
- Be an outstanding practitioner with an eye for detail
- Have excellent leadership, management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of current SEND initiatives within the primary sector and demonstrate a clear vision of excellence in primary education
- Be highly organised, motivational and flexible with the ability to inspire, and challenge children and colleagues.
In return we offer you:
- Happy, motivated and enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school
- A cheerful environment with modern IT equipment regularly updated
- A highly motivated hardworking team of colleagues
- Good additional Inclusive support from TAs/HLTAs
- A commitment to your continuing professional development.
If you have all of these qualities and need a new challenge, why not seize this fantastic opportunity to become the new Assistant Head for Inclusion at Cobourg Primary School!
Please visit our website: www.cobourg.southwark.sch.uk for key information about our school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, by appointment through the school office.
Application documents are available below. Applications are invited via the 'Apply Now' button.
Completed application forms should be sent to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018 @ 12 midday
Formal interviews: Week commencing Monday 5 February 2018
Please note: Cobourg Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.