Assistant Head of English
TLR 2B £4785.00
Deadline 09.00 am 26th February 2021
Interview W/C 4th March 2021
We are seeking to recruit a passionate Assistant Head of English who will be
- An excellent role model with a desire to share this with pupils and staff.
- Committed to raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes.
- A leader able to inspire and motivate others.
Why Choose us?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on Food and Clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, with online fitness and recipes from Hello fresh. Our School is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
What we offer?
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly and well- run school.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme
- Courteous and hardworking pupils
- Be a role model for teaching and learning and challenge and support colleagues across the faculty.
- To design and implement the agreed schemes of learning and examinations syllabus.
- To deputise for the director of the faculty in his/her absence.
- Inspire pupils to achieve their best.
- Ensure all pupils make outstanding progress and achieve challenging targets.
- Create an exciting learning environment.
- Take the leading role in the delivery of the English Mastery Curriculum in Year 7 and above
- Work collaboratively with school staff in sharing ideas and best practice.
- Take an active role in finding, promoting and running extra-curricular activities for the department.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree status (First,1.1, 2.1, 2.2)
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent track record of high attainment & progress
- Experience of middle management
- Effective management of other adults
- Lesson quality good or outstanding
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Experience of assessing and tracking student progress at KS3 & KS4 and applying the appropiate strategies to sustain and improve pupil attainment.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others
- Good sense of humour
- Have a professional appearance
For more information , please download the application pack below. Please note, CV's are not accepted and only completed application forms will be considered. Application forms must be submitted online through TES
Lawn Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years