Gunnersbury Catholic School is seeking to appoint a highly talented and successful teacher to the post of Assistant Head of French at our Outstanding School. This post provides a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring subject leader to receive the very best coaching and experience in their leadership journey. As a department that has been integral to Gunnersbury, year on year, achieving extraordinary outcomes for our students, the MFL Department is uniquely placed to develop our new Assistant Head of French to become an outstanding leader and future Head of MFL. Applications are welcome from individuals of all religions who will support the Catholic ethos of our school.
The Assistant Head of French is key to Gunnersbury’s provision of superb teaching and achievement within French. Working under the direction of the Head of French the new postholder shall seek to further the learning experience and outcomes of our students. Further to examination success, the department keenly seeks to establish a love of literature within our students. Our new Assistant Head of French will be given responsibility for a specific Key Stage – this will be determined at interview to reflect the capability, experience and interests of the successful candidate.
Above all else we seek to appoint a superb teacher with a real passion for French, who is committed to the success of their students and the talent to be an exceptional leader within the school. Previous leadership experience, whilst helpful, is not as important as potential, dynamism, determination and resolve. We seek an outstanding teacher with the insight and capability to lead and inspire students and staff alike. In particular we are very keen to appoint an individual who wishes to be a Head of MFL within a few years. Our excellent school and French department will provide the experience, training and guidance to enable this ambition to be fulfilled.
Year on year Gunnersbury Catholic School has developed our staff to become fantastic teachers and leaders. In doing so, from one year to the next, we have enabled unparalleled success for our students. Our school is:
• a Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and behaviour are exemplary
• committed to providing quality support, guidance and coaching to develop our staff so that they may progress to the highest levels as teachers and leaders
• One of the top Boys’ Comprehensive Schools in the country for GCSE achievement (DfE performance table 2018)
• an environment that enables achievement of the highest order 88% 5 GCSEs at 9-4 including English and Maths in 2018, Progress 8 score of +0.66
• determined by the Fischer Family Trust as being amongst the top 5% of schools for GCSE achievement
• determined ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2009)
• a workplace where staff are a friendly, welcoming and helpful team
Applicant packs and application forms are to be found on this (TES) page or may be downloaded from our website www.gunnersbury.com
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher’s PA – email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications Monday, 20 May 2019 at 12pm
Applications will be considered immediately upon their receipt
Gunnersbury Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.