ASSISTANT HEAD OF HUMANITIES
(Religious Education and/or Geography)
Recruitment Event: Tuesday 17th April 2018 at 17:00
Closing date: Thursday 19th April 2018 at 09:00
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: Thursday 23rd August 2018
Salary: MPS + TLR (dependent on experience)
Dixons McMillan rated outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in June 2017
- “A strong culture of care for scholars permeates the school”
- “The academy is harmonious”
- “Scholars are thoughtful and kind to each other”
- “All staff said that they feel proud to be a member of the school, and staff morale is extremely high”
- “There is a calm and safe atmosphere throughout the school”
Why teach at Dixon McMillan Academy?
Dixons McMillan opened in September 2014 with just one Year 7 cohort. In September 2016 we moved into our new building and we have close to 600 scholars on site. This is a great career opportunity to be part of an expanding school. It is a very special place to work.
We ensure that teachers can prioritise teaching above everything else. By keeping teaching the main thing, staff are able to refine and develop their practice in the classroom within a nurturing environment. Tailored coaching and considerable time to plan allows staff and scholars to fulfil their potential. Our values driven culture genuinely enables teachers to teach and scholars to learn. We are incredibly proud of our staff and scholars who do what it takes for as long as it takes to be successful. We have very high expectations of staff, but we value them highly. We were graded outstanding by Ofsted in all areas in June 2017, we are now focused on ensuring we are one of the best schools in the country.
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher, with a specialism in RE and / or Geography, who will do whatever it takes to ensure the life choices of all Dixons McMillan scholars are maximised
- someone who can show measurable impact as an individual teacher and at departmental level
- focused on building strong professional relationships by valuing everyone in our school
- able to motivate and inspire scholars to achieve their full potential
- aligned to a can-do culture, positive and solution focused environment
- committed to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
- an existing middle leader who is ready to take on a whole academy responsibilty
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
More information about our vacancies and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: http://www.dixonsma.com/index.php/vacancies
We fully recommend potential applicants to visit the school before sending an application.