Wellington College Hangzhou is seeking an experienced Assistant Head of Key stage 4 to assist the Head of Junior High School to develop the strategic leadership of the High School.
1. To assist the Head of Junior High School to develop the strategic leadership of the High School.
2. To provide professional leadership and management of teaching and learning throughout the High School in partnership with SMT.
3. To ensure that teaching secures high quality learning for all students and that progress of all students is measured.
4. To promote the culture of academic excellence and pastoral care of the School encapsulated by the Huili values and identities.
LEADING PEOPLE THROUGH GOOD RELATIONSHIPS
1. To sustain effective, positive working relationships with all staff, students, parents, external bodies and the local community.
2. To be committed to developing an integrated school culture, with parity of esteem for staff of all nationalities.
3. To possess good communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of a bilingual school.
4. To be able to provide support and guidance for all members of the Junior High School in academic matters.
5. To devise an effective options process for IGCSEs and assist in the transition into 6th form.
1. To work with SMT to deliver a clear vision and education model for an effective Grade 9 and 10 academic programme that ensures future success at IGCSE and beyond.
4. To lead by example as a teacher and as a leader, setting appropriate expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of students’ achievements and the quality of teaching.
5. To promote and monitor the continued development of excellent teaching at Huili, remaining open to changes in pedagogy whilst embedding best practice as it arises.
6. To oversee the process of setting academic targets for Junior High School students and work with the academic teams in monitoring student progress and achievement, including planning for and implementing interventions and challenge.
7. To assist with the collection and use of school data (where appropriate) internally to support student development and externally to a wider group of stakeholders, including governors.
8. To lead the Heads of Department to ensure high standards, consistency and development across Junior High.
1. Fulfil the duties of a part-time subject teacher.
1. To assist the Head of Junior High School to achieve the highest standards of performance and self-discipline amongst the Junior High School teaching and non-academic staff.
2. To manage parental concerns and communication, in conjunction with other leadership colleagues.
3. To manage the academic matters relating to students in Grade 9 and 10 within the Junior High School.
4. To assist the Head of Junior High School in the appointment of academic staff.
5. To contribute to and work with the SMT to develop the induction programme for new staff.
6. To work closely with Admissions and Marketing to keep a high standing of the school.
7. Contribute and facilitate parent information sessions and community events to raise awareness and to promote the school.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Experience: A minimum of 6 years working experience ; A minimum of 3 years’ experience of academic leadership
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...