We are looking for an experienced, qualified teacher of Mathematics to join our successful team and work closely with the Director of Learning as second in charge of Mathematics.
It is essential that you are passionate about Mathematics education and have a flair for working with young people; we need teachers who are resilient, highly driven and self motivated, who will go the extra mile to ensure that students achieve beyond their own expectations. Experience of teaching across all key stages at secondary level would be an advantage. The role would equally suit a determined and proactive teacher who has some leadership experience within their current team and understands the need for excellent communication skills and the ability to get the best out of people as part of their role.
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 and is part of the highly successful federation of Harris academies. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. In July 2015, Ofsted awarded Chobham Academy "Outstanding" across every category in its first inspection.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students across all teaching groups.
- Support the subject area as appropriate and as directed to by the Director of Learning.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students both within their own groups and across the department.
- Lead on areas within the department including aspects of department meetings.
- Provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Use ICT effectively in the efficient delivery of teaching in order to enhance students’ learning experiences along with having the confidence to complete professional tasks such as data related activities.
- Contribute significantly to raising standards of student progress as a teacher and form tutor.
- Be a team player who is able to make contributions for the benefit of everyone in the department.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
Chobham Academy’s ethos is based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all. We specialise in English and Performing Arts with a focus on sports excellence, and with world-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, we are a dynamic centre of learning and hub of our community.
As an all-through academy, we provide unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community. This is being achieved through our inclusive and ambitious model of learning in an all through environment.
For more information about the role, or to arrange a visit to the academy, please email Faiza Chaudhary Iqbal, Human Resources Officer on F.Chaudhary-Iqbal@chobhamacademy.org.uk
Alternatively, please call the academy on 0203 747 6060.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.