Uptown is a truly international, IB World School that serves our whole community. We provide a world-class education and expect excellent educational outcomes. This provides for a stimulating environment, where hard work and commitment are rewarded. We are committed to continuous improvement as individuals and as a school. If you want to join us on that journey, make a genuine difference to childrens lives and become a better teacher then please read on!
We are proud to be one of few all through IB schools in the UAE and uphold the IB philosophy in all that we do. The result is a community of students, parents and staff that are highly supportive of the aims of the school and work together to maximize the opportunities for all.
We are part of the Taaleem group of schools. Taaleem is the second largest provider of education in the region and a group that has an absolute focus on education. A strong focus on professional development and world-class facilities allow Uptown teachers to be imaginative and innovative when delivering the curriculum.
Uptown is a provider of the International Baccalaureate curriculum - the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP)- we provide a seamless educational experience to students from age three to eighteen. The programmes are centred around the concept of developing internationally minded students who learn how to become better people and better learners.
- Ensure that the written, taught and assessed curriculum, across the PYP, is relevant, engaging, in line with the philosophical and organizational requirements of the International Baccalaureate, Uptown School and Taaleem
- Ensure collaborative planning is effective and efficient Ensure (along with other curriculum coordinators) that international mindedness and the IB Learner Profile are central to the ethos, operation and strategic direction of the school
- Liaise with other curriculum coordinators to ensure that the written, taught and assessed curriculum are consistent and coherent across all sections of the schoolEnsure that all key IB required policies are effective and regularly updated
- Ensure staff across the PYP are appropriately trained to effectively deliver the PYP
- Lead the preparation and implementation of the PYP evaluation visitsUpdate staff on changes to regulations and practices relevant to the PYP
- Ensure that the PYP exhibition is a high quality demonstration and assessment of the students achievements throughout the PYP.
- Excellent communication skills including high standards of professionalism in written and spoken English
- Organised and works to deadlinesStrong IT skills including the ability to carry out calculations and data analysis in Excel.
- Excellent understanding and practice with regards to teaching and learning
Aside from your qualifications, personality is very important, we look for inspirational educators who leave a lasting impression on students for years to follow. If youâ€™re able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning, with a passionate, enthusiastic, creative and dynamic attitude then we want to hear from you!
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our staff are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, free child places within selected schools, relocation allowance and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Dubai.