ASSISTANT HEAD OF SCIENCE
MPS/UPS + TLR 2.2 - £4,443
Required: September 2018
Twynham School is a very special place with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. Achievement is exceptionally high, students are well-behaved and eager to learn and relationships are very special.
This is an exceptionally rare opportunity for a talented teacher.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Teach science across all three key stages
- Further improve the already excellent outcomes for students in science
- Work alongside the Head of Department to ensure science becomes a beacon of best practice
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
- Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an exceptional classroom teacher
- Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
- Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
- Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
- Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
- Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
Twynham School can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues throughout our school
- The opportunity work in an environment that supports and develops its leaders
- High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
- The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the TES website or by emailing email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd April
Twynham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.