Assistant Head (Secondary)
Salary Attractive package
Reports to Head of Education
Location Girton, Cambridge
Start date ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated,
Enthusiastic and committed professional with a drive to
share in the leadership and contribute to the further development of the school. The Assistant Head role will retain a teaching responsibility.
Gretton School is an Independent Special School for children with ASC and Asperger’s Syndrome.
The appointed candidate will have:
• An ability to demonstrate high quality teaching skills
• Good knowledge of a variety of examination and accreditation, in all Key Stages.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a calm yet assertive manner
• Clarity of thought and the ability to conceive novel approaches
to school development/improvement
• A positive attitude to change
• Experience of leading staff members
• A willingness to embrace personal accountability and
• The strength of character to make a real impact and inspire others
• Proven leadership qualities and management skills
• A qualification in ASC or with an in-depth knowledge or experience of
pupils with ASC
The Assistant Head role at Gretton School will suit an energetic and dedicated professional who is looking to make a difference to the lives of young people with ASC, as well as furthering their own professional development.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
To apply, please complete an application form available on the website www.grettonschool.com or alternatively email your CV and a covering letter stating why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00 noon Friday 13th October 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 18th October 2017