Assistant Head of Year
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Head of Year to join our team as soon as possible. This is a pastoral role where you will assist the Head of Year to ensure significant academic progress and excellent behaviour of students across a year group. To succeed in this role, you will be able to inspire and motivate students to excel in their education and have high expectations of what students can achieve. You will be part of the pastoral team, led by a Senior Head of Year and includes Heads of Years and Assistant Heads of Year. The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. ‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’ If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy!
• Track student progress, behaviour, attendance and punctuality data and support follow up and intervention • Mentor identified students in and where appropriate across Year Teams • Support staff in the management of student behaviour • Communicate and meet with staff, parents and carers and outside agencies • Support the Head of Year in the consistency of student rewards and awards
The successful candidate will have
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills • Energy, commitment and attention to detail • A good sense of humour and the ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations with ease • An understanding of how an effective pastoral system underpins high academic achievement • A ‘can do’ attitude, hard-worker • Resilience and the ability to work as part of a team • Passionate about pastoral support • Can run intervention to support students needing additional support • Local community knowledge would be beneficial • Those who can run clubs/extra curriculum welcome
Start date asap Salary NJC L5:15-20 £23,541-£25,991 FTE dependent on actual experience actual pro-rata salary £21,276-£23,491 Job Role Permanent, Full-time Term-time 5 INSET days plus 2 weeks
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
• £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms • You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you • Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs • Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy • All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment • Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning • Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers • Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding. Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.” The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Stockwood Park Academy, part of The Shared Learning Trust.
With a new Head of School, Mumin Humayun, this is an exciting time to join The Stockwood Park Academy Teaching Team. Your colleagues are friendly, highly e...