Job Title: Assistant Head of Year
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: Scale 5, £20,661 - £22,658 (pro rata to hours and weeks worked)
Contract: 37 hours per week Term Time Only plus 5 days, Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2019
Could you make a difference to our student’s educational, behavioural, social and emotional development by delivering strategies and interventions alongside our Heads of Year?
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
You will work alongside the Head of Year to provide support to a particular year group with their behaviour, personal, social and emotional welfare. You will provide support and guidance and deliver all non-academic interventions to students in your year group and work collaboratively with staff and parents in order to support student well-being and improve student behaviour, attendance and punctuality. You will also provide mentoring to support students in your allocated year group either individually or as part of a group.
• Have experience of working successfully with students/young people and their families
• Have experience of providing pastoral support/interventions to students
• Have a clear understanding of pastoral and student guidance and support issues in schools.
• Experience of using effective behaviour modification programmes and strategies
• Be able to establish relationships with students and their families
• Have the ability to organise, motivate and inspire students.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 16th July 2018
Interview date: TBC
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.