Hazelwood Schools - Infant & JuniorEnfield
Salary: Leadership scale 8 – 13 (£52,067 - £58,465 pay award pending),
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2021
Hazelwood schools want to recruit a forward-thinking Assistant Head to lead on curriculum across the school and teaching and learning in EYFS and year 1. We are a friendly, over-subscribed 3 form entry community school that is creative, inclusive and fully committed to achievement for all.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher/leader with a passion for EYFS and year 1. With some experience of leadership and management at whole school level, the successful candidate will (ideally) hold relevant leadership qualifications or be willing to undertake them. You will also be very motivated to lead (and further develop) our creative curriculum at whole school level.
We are seeking to appoint a senior leader who:
- is an outstanding teacher able to deliver excellent outcomes
- is committed to being part of a successful senior leadership team
- will confidently help to deliver our school aims and vision by motivating staff and pupils
- has the drive and ability to secure excellent progress and attainment for pupils in EYFS and year 1
- has the vision, knowledge and skills to work with our talented team of teachers and support staff
- develops a strong partnership with parents, governors and the wider school community
- is committed to ensuring Educational Excellence for all though equal access and opportunity and aspiration for all children
- fully supports our 12 core values
- will lead passionately on curriculum development by supporting the Intention, Implementation and Impact of our creative curriculum
We can offer:
- a non-class based position
- strong and ambitious leadership with a clear sense of strategic direction
- supportive, collegiate and motivated colleagues with a “Teamwork” ethic
- high quality CPD with opportunities for career progression
- enthusiastic, well behaved, friendly children with a love of learning
- a creative and inclusive school with a ‘can do’ ethos where success is recognised
- an opportunity to be creative, innovate and take risks
- supportive parents and governors
*(Safe) Tours of school Thurs 8th & Fri 9th Oct 2020 or arrange to speak to Tracy Kilkenny (Head) via Office@hazelwood.enfield.sch.uk
**Closing date for applications: Monday 19th October at noon/ Interviews: Thursday 22nd October 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo full DBS checks.