At Park Hill we aim to bring out the best in everyone.
DO YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT, EXPERTISE AND COMMITMENT TO HELP US ACHIEVE OUR AMBITIOUS GOALS ON OUR SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT JOURNEY?
The Board of Governors is seeking a visionary leader who believes, like us, that every child at Park Hill is capable of achieving great things. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a proven track record of strategic school improvement, particularly in English, across the primary range.
The successful candidate will relish the chance of leading in a diverse, multi-faith community school and will have excellent pastoral and communication skills to work effectively with our parents and other stakeholders.
Park Hill received an RI judgement from Ofsted in March 2017 and we are determined to demonstrate rapid improvement.
Could you work in collaboration with the Leadership team to provide vision, direction and leadership for Park Hill?
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Consistently excellent classroom provision resulting in high levels of pupil enjoyment and progress.
- Dedication to leading and promoting high quality teaching and learning.
- An ability to identify school improvement priorities and strategically planning for their development.
- The ability to lead by example, embedding excellent practice and being committed to meeting the learning needs of all children.
- Effective use of pro-active approaches to behaviour management.
The Assistant Head will lead English and Educational Visits across the school.
- Hard working, responsive pupils.
- A compassionate and inclusive school serving a diverse community.
- Staff committed to high standards of teaching and learning.
- Active Governors who are committed to their role as strategic leaders.
- Parents who are willing to work in partnership with the school to raise standards.
The vacancy arises upon the promotion of the Assistant Head to Deputy Head Teacher.
Park Hill is a three-form entry, inner city primary school with a nursery. There are currently 582 pupils on roll. The children are aged between 3 and 11 years and come from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds. Park Hill is an inclusive school, serving a multi-cultural community.
Closing Date: Friday 22 June 2018 at 9am
Informal visits to the school are encouraged; these will take place on Friday 8 June at 9.30 and 1.45 pm, Monday 11 June at 1.45 pm, Tuesday 12 June at 1.45 pm, Wednesday 13 June at 1.45 pm and Thursday 14 June at 9.30 and 1.45 pm and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Hill on 0121 449 3004.
For further details and application form, please contact the Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 or email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting ref: ES2037TB.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Park Hill Primary School, Alcester Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8BB
Tel: 0121 449 3004
Co-Chairs of Governors: A. Qayum, K Holland, Head Teacher: Mrs Kalsom Khan