Samuel Pepys is a Cambridgeshire area special school for 108 pupils aged 3 to 19 living in St. Neots and the surrounding area. All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan to meet their severe and complex needs. Our pupils inspire and teach us a lot and we are committed to ensuring everyone achieves their full potential through fun, innovative, purposeful and engaging learning opportunities.
Due to the promotion of our Assistant Head Teacher to become our Deputy Head Teacher, the opportunity has arisen to join our forward thinking and friendly school from September 2018. The Governors looking to recruit an inspirational, dynamic leader to join our leadership team to raise standards further and work collaboratively to successfully implement our school improvement plan. This is an exciting opportunity to join a school that is constantly moving forward, well-networked and committed to high standards for every pupil and staff team member. The school is well supported by families, Governors and the local community.
As an Assistant Head Teacher you will work closely with the Head Teacher, Deputy, School Business Manager and other members of the leadership and management team to lead on the operational day-to-day leadership of a department within the school in addition to other specific leadership responsibilities and teaching commitment, which will be agreed in line with the skills and interests of the successful candidate.
We are looking for an Assistant Head Teacher who will:
- Ensure every pupil feels safe, happy and engaged in their learning at Samuel Pepys School
- Be an outstanding practitioner and an exceptional, positive role model, committed to developing the full potential of every pupil and have high expectations of achieving outcomes, making exceptional progress and supporting positive behaviour
- Be a highly motivated, reflective leader and team member with proven, relevant SEND experience who is positive about change
- Have highly developed people management and interpersonal skills and an ability to tackle issues and be accountable and responsible for making effective decisions
- Be able to work effectively in partnership with all members of the school community
- Inspire, support and coach teachers and teaching assistants to work at their best, plan and deliver high quality professional development opportunities
- Have vision, be creative and have the ability to innovate, motivate and inspire others
- Be a self-motivated task completer, also supporting others to work effectively within agreed time frames
- Take a full and active role in all aspects of school life
Our new Assistant Head Teacher can expect to:
- Work in a dynamic, busy and thriving school
- Work collaboratively in all aspects of leadership and management with like minded colleagues with a strong staff team ethos
- Be part of a friendly and outward looking school community with 108 wonderful pupils and their families
- Join a staff team committed to ensuring all pupils meet their full potential, develop as well rounded individuals and are well prepared for the next phase of their life
- Access high quality continued professional development and be encouraged to develop networking opportunities
- Be supported by a knowledgeable, motivated and pro-active Governing Body who strive to improve outcomes for children and are committed to the well-being of its staff
- Work in a well-resourced school with a dedicated leadership office and staff learning area
- Engage in great multi-disciplinary working, with on-site therapists and regular multi-disciplinary meetings
- Enjoy a new and rewarding challenge!
We would welcome the chance to meet you and would be delighted to show you around our school. We expect prospective applicants to visit the school before submitting their application. If you would like to talk informally about this exciting opportunity please contact Joanne Hardwick, Head Teacher on 01480 375012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to look around the school and meet pupils and staff on Wednesday 25th April at 2.00pm
Please complete and return the application form with an accompanying letter of application, cross referenced to the person specification by 9.00am on Monday 30th April 2018
Interviews will be held Friday 4th May 2018
Samuel Pepys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to successful pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS, medical check and references, which will be requested prior to interview.