RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’ with a core purpose of ‘delivering excellent learning opportunities, developing leadership skills at all levels, and providing responsive service, built upon an ethos of sustainability.’
International Primary Khuzam (IPK)
Located in the centre of Ras Al Khaimah city in the suburb of Khuzam. IPK is a large primary school delivering an adapted international Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years programme (PYP) from Pre-K to Grade 5 (FS1 to Year 6) and the UAE MOE subjects. IPK is accredited by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), benchmarked against leading IBO world schools.
IPK is looking for a positive, driven and inspirational Assistant Head Teacher to join the school’s senior leadership team. The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to lead the schools PYP with additional senior leadership responsibilities. The successful candidate should be able to work effectively with the team but at the same time be self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and a post-graduate qualification in education.
- Have a proven record of raising attainment and improving progress.
- Have an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
- Be proficient in the development and adaptation of curriculum in a key subject.
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- National Professional Qualification Senior Leadership (NPQSL).
- IB category 1.
- Ability to oversee and implement the analysis of student outcomes.
- Understand curriculum design and the concept of a developing an aspirational, cumulative curriculum.
The School Offers
- Tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- School places for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...