About the position:
Based in Long Ditton, working within the education team as Assistant Head Teacher and reporting to the Headteacher at Woodstock House, you will be responsible for ensuring the health, safety and education of our young people, aged between 8 – 19, operating in accordance with internal policies, procedures and the regulatory requirements for independent schools.
You will also be responsible for providing leadership, management and development opportunities for the staff team.
- Lead by example, working in partnership with the staff team to safeguard our young people at all times.
- To assist the Head Teacher in the daily running of the school as required.
- To assist in maintaining a broad and balanced functional, vocational and sensory-based curriculum that will equip the pupils with skills for life and enable them to achieve to their highest potential.
- To take a leading role in the monitoring of the curriculum, assessment and pupil progress data.
- To lead assigned areas of the school development plan.
- To assist with staff development and performance management processes, such as performance development reviews.
- To make a significant contribution to the processes involved in deciding the strategic direction of the school.
Essential Experience Skills & Qualifications
- Appropriate degree or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher status (desirable)
- Good evidence of continuing professional development
- Sound knowledge of special needs in particular SLD/Autism
- Experience of working with pupils with SLD and/or Autism
- Successful teaching and curriculum experience
- Exemplary classroom practitioner
- Understanding of quality in special educational provision and strategies for raising pupil performance.
- Experience of leading whole school developments (Data and assessment)
- Knowledge of successful monitoring and assessment.
- Understanding of the curriculum needs of pupils with SLD and/or Autism
- Ability to use ICT to support the curriculum effectively
About Kisimul Group
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check. Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Kisimul School - Woodstock House
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 8 - 19 years