Vacancy ID- SCH00669
37 hours a week
The staff, governors and pupils of Someries Junior School are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher with upper KS2 class responsibility from September 2018.
Someries Junior School is a small, vibrant, multi-cultural school on the outskirts of Luton. It is a welcoming school where we work together as a team, supporting and challenging each other. Our pupils are very fond of their school and know that their teachers will treat them well and support them to achieve. We share our site with the neighbouring infant school. The school is within easy access of the countryside, the town and links with London and, via our airport, most of Europe.
The school is able to offer you:
- Well behaved pupils who love learning
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- exciting and stimulating teaching environment
- an ethos of team working and mutual support
- supportive parents, carers and governors
- achievement and progress is good and improving
The role includes responsibility for upper KS2 (Years 5 and 6). The successful candidate would take a lead in one or more whole school areas of improvement (such as curriculum, behaviour and rewards, values…) The exact responsibilities of the post will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate should:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who loves their job
- enjoy working within a multicultural setting
- be committed to continuing to raise the achievement and attainment of our children
- work well within a team and be able to take a leading role
- have the drive, enthusiasm and commitment to develop our school further from the front
- have the ability to use their own initiative, be innovative and work well as part of a team
- be friendly, caring and hardworking.
- be organised and able to work to deadlines
- be able to uphold and develop the ethos and culture of the school
- meet the criteria in the job description and person specification
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.
We would love you to visit us before applying. To arrange this please contact Mrs Dawn Dudley, Someries Junior School, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 8AH. Tel: 01582 738810. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, visit www.luton.gov.uk/jobs and click on the link to the Teaching and Schools Vacancies.
Closing Date: Sunday 29th April 2018
Interview Date: week commencing 30th April 2018