Job Title: Assistant Head Teacher – Lead in English and Communications
Salary: L11 – L15
Start Date: Easter 2018 or sooner if possible
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Berwick Academy is looking to appoint an ambitious professional to join our existing leadership team. As a member of this team you will be directly involved in shaping and promoting continuous improvement in standards of learning, achievement, conduct , discipline and safeguarding in our school.
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 550 pupils approx.
We can offer:
- The chance to join an evolving school and Leadership team at an exciting stage
- Fantastic students with enormous potential
- A skilled and supportive middle leadership team
- A strong commitment to tailored professional development supporting development towards headship (if desired)
- Overall accountability for teaching, learning, standards and progress
Ideally, you will be:
- Currently a Head of English looking for further promotion
- An outstanding practitioner with good leadership experience
- Able to demonstrate your track record of successful outcomes
- Capable of creating the team ethos needed to accelerate outcomes for our students
For an application pack or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage you to visit the Academy. Please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams to arrange this.
Completed application forms should be submitted by Noon on 30th October to Diane Jamieson via email.
Interview will be held week commencing 6th November 2017
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.
Head teacher – Alexis Widdowson
Berwick upon Tweed
Tel: 01289 305083