Oryx International School is a unique project conceptualized by Qatar Airways and Orbital Education, creating a joint venture between a world renowned, multi-billion dollar turnover airline and a prestigious group of International schools. The objective of this £70 million project is to satisfy the demand for premium quality British style education for the children of expatriate employees of Qatar Airways in Doha.
The vision and mission of Oryx International School is to provide the employees of the world’s five-star airline and their children access to a five-star education. The bespoke, built to specification school provides state-of-the-art facilities and education technology to enrich teaching and learning experiences for our students. The school aspires to foster an ethos of global citizenship, the celebration of cultural diversity and a wide international perspective to equip their students with the building blocks to become potential leaders of the future across the world.
The facilities offered at the school site, combined with our approach to education, and incorporates British style and tradition based upon the English National Curriculum, while retaining the value of local culture and tradition, allows Oryx International School to stand out.
Living and working in Qatar
Doha, the peninsula’s capital city of over 2.5 million residents, has a huge International community that choose to live and work here. Doha is preparing to host the Football World Cup in 2022 with new stadiums already completed and others still under construction. Qatar provides an excellent lifestyle, with a combination of cultures mixed with the best of Qatar’s past and present, making the local culture unique. Being in the Middle East, the weather is good all year round with extreme heat in the summer months. If you want to explore Qatar you will find plenty of opportunity to explore the desert, walk along the Corniche, visit museums, shopping malls, and beaches, attend sporting events, music festivals, and take a boat trip and much more. There are excellent education facilities, transportation and amenities across the city.
If you want to join our outstanding team at Oryx International School, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced and passionate teacher in your field
· Able to contribute meaningfully to the wider life of the school
· Fully committed to helping your students achieve success
Assistant Head Teacher (Primary)
AHT (Primary) is a new post to complement our existing Leadership Team in Primary consisting of the current Assistant Heads of Primary, Deputy Head of Primary and the Head of Primary. The post holder will also be a member of the whole school extended Senior Leadership Team.
This post would suit someone with middle leader experience or senior leadership experience who wishes to establish themselves in a senior role of responsibility within a large and growing school. Applicants are invited to offer and highlight their area of expertise as the role will be adapted to suit the strengths of the successful candidate. Please also refer to the full job description attached.
In return for your outstanding teaching and care for our students you will receive a very competitive tax free salary and benefits package.
Benefits of working at an Orbital Education School
Orbital Education focuses on delivering the very best in British education to its students around the globe. It’s an expanding group with schools already in Spain, Hungary, Slovenia, China, Russia, Ecuador and the Middle East, with exciting plans to develop new schools across the globe. Key reasons to work at an Orbital Education School include:
1. Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and students worldwide
2. Enhanced professional development opportunities, through partnerships with specialist learning providers to offer recognised and accredited professional development programmes.
3. Opportunities for both career development and movement within the group, providing opportunity to see the world whilst progressing an attractive and rewarding career.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· Your motivation for working in education
· A brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· What attracts you to the position?
· How you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· What extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· Any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and all applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in either in Doha, London or via Skype.
Oryx International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful, a police check will be necessary from your country of origin as well as a disclosure from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service and ICPC, for UK residents past and present.