English Martyrs’ School prides itself on being a highly inclusive and welcoming school where children are eager to learn and all our staff are dedicated to raising standards to improve children’s learning and achievement. We are very proud of our great team of hard working, dedicated staff and welcome you to join us.
(Applications from all faiths welcome).
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and inspirational Assistant Head Teacher who shares our vision of high expectations, achievement and a passion for learning.
We passionately believe in improving the quality of teaching in our school and this role is a crucial part of that. We want our strongest teachers to lead from the front, driving school improvement from the perspective of highly effective classroom delivery. The role is a challenging one but we can offer excellent training, development and support and will allow an experienced teacher to continue to hone their craft in the classroom as well as be a leader, coach and mentor to the teachers in their team.
- Upper KS2 teaching
- Leadership of a core subject in the school
- Leadership of a phase team
- Full role in the Senior Leadership Team
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of driving standards and ensuring every child is challenged to achieve their maximum potential.
- Have experience of leading an area of school improvement and/or curriculum area.
- Have the ability to lead, motivate and manage staff effectively and work as a team member.
- Be a teacher with at least 5 years’ experience of raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment.
- Have the proven ability to be an outstanding class teacher with the knowledge and skills to support others in the team in attaining the same level of practice.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of positive behaviour strategies and dealing with specific behavioural issues.
- Be a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- Be an excellent communicator who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Have a vision for the role of Assistant Head and the ability to synthesise information quickly whilst maintaining an intensive workload.
As a member of English Martyrs’ you will receive extensive professional development geared towards excellence.
Visit our website http://www.englishmartyrsrcprimary.co.uk/ for more information on the school and to download applications. If you would like any further information or want to submit an application please email Mrs N Johnstone, School Office Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 4.00pm on Monday 21st May 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th May 2018 (this will include a tour)
English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and the successful candidates will need to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
WORSHIP TOGETHER, ASPIRE TOGETHER, EXCEL TOGETHER