Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms in the Tees Valley and North East? Would you like to be part of a school community that not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has a well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? Would you like to work in a school which has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in three consecutive Ofsted inspections? Would you also like to work in a school with fantastic facilities which is located near the picturesque town of Yarm and close to the beautiful Cleveland Hills?
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their key stage/subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
The school was rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted in both 2008 and 2013. We also hold the following national awards:
- Ofsted Outstanding School Status
- Sport England Sportsmark
- Healthy School Award
- National Teaching School
- National Support School
We seek to appoint an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to join our senior leadership team to lead teaching, learning and assessment as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others across the school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to lead the development of teaching, learning and assessment striving for outstanding progress at every level. The position is permanent and the start date is 1st September 2019.
- To be the strategic lead for the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across all key stages.
- To be responsible for the leadership of highly effective professional development across the school ensuring it translates to improvements in the classroom.
- To lead on the development of sequential programmes of learning which build upon effective transition at all key stages.
- To be accountable for the leadership of the literacy and numeracy curriculum to ensure all learners have access to the full curriculum at all key stages.
- To lead on the implementation of the homework policy across the school.
- To develop and enhance the leadership and management skills of middle leaders to ensure teaching, learning and assessment consistency across all areas
- To support the DHT: Quality of provision in the quality assurance of teaching, learning and assessment to ensure the overall quality of education for all learners meets our high expectations.
- To be responsible for the provision of support for NQT and ITE teachers.
The successful candidate must:
• Be an outstanding teacher.
• Be enthusiastic and committed teacher and leader with vision, drive and commitment.
• Have a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress.
• Have an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom.
• Be proficient in the leadership of planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress.
• Have an ability to inspire and support all students to achieve their full potential.
• Have middle or senior leadership experience.
• Have a record of raising attainment at KS3, 4 and 5, having a measurable impact a departmental/whole school level.
• Have an ability to develop innovation in teaching and learning, motivating and inspiring both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
• Able to motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
• Play an active part in the monitoring of the quality of teaching and learning across the academy.
• Be flexible and innovative.
• Be an active member of the leadership team and assist with the running of the school on a day to day basis.
• Contribute to the development of the leadership and management of the school via the Senior Leadership Team meetings.
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS.
Egglescliffe School can offer you:
• Professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working within a collaborative school that is passionate about the progress and development of every student.
• Support, mentoring and coaching in the role.
• An opportunity to undertake bespoke professional development.
• An opportunity to be part of a highly successful leadership team which will develop and enhance your own leadership and management skills.
• An opportunity to develop essential skills for further career progression into Deputy Headship or beyond.
More Information Obtainable
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mr S White, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton on Tees. TS16 0LA or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019 8.30 am
Interview Date: Tuesday 30th April 2019
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.