Required for 1st May 2018 (negotiable for the right candidate)
Assistant Headteacher and Course Leader for Manchester Nexus School-Centred Initial Teacher Training
Move to Manchester – or a National Park. Here you have both on your doorstep.
Salary: (L11 – L15: £49,976 - £55,048) pay award pending Permanent/Full time
Manchester Nexus, a designated School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider (SCITT) is seeking a Course Leader who will lead and manage the quality of our ITE provision, and the progress and professional development of our trainees who are based in our partnership schools across the North Manchester area and into Kirklees and West Yorkshire.
You will play a leading role within the SCITT’s senior leadership team, working alongside the Head of Recruitment, accountable to the SCITT Director, and supported by a dedicated full-time administrator.
We are looking for someone who is committed to our mission to develop outstanding teachers through the very best, personalised school-based training, cutting-edge central professional training, high quality subject knowledge enhancement, a Postgraduate Certificate in Education through our partner Liverpool Hope University, and wide opportunities for enrichment across our partnership.
You will be a career teacher who can evidence real impact with pupils; a committed and reflective learner yourself; a mentor, coach, trainer and developer of other staff in your team; a team player who can also work quite independently; and someone who can both develop positive professional relationships, and buy-in with colleagues across an institution (and institutions), and the systems and structures that embed effective and accountable collaborative working.
· A location with a wide range of affordable housing that is within 30 minutes of Manchester city centre, 40 minutes from Leeds, and 20 minutes away from an area of outstanding natural beauty.
· The opportunity to work within a dynamic leadership team which operates out of an outstanding school which is fully committed to teacher development and provides every possible support for the work of the SCITT
· Being part of a blue-chip organisation with a national reputation, a growing Multi-Academy Trust, and an expanding community of partners committed to growing the best teachers for our young people.
· The excitement and energy that comes from working with so many lively, ambitious, positively motivated people, from A-Level students and new graduates to mature applicants and career changers who want a new direction where they can make a difference, to engage them in an exciting and fulfilling profession.
· Agile working: this post requires some flexibility, including some early mornings, twilight working, occasional evenings. You therefore have a lot of control over the way you work, in a way that supports your well-being.
· A progressive approach to professional development: this is a new and rapidly developing area, and the opportunities for experimental and social learning are huge. You will also learn formally about the business of ITE, and about research into effective, impactful teaching and learning.
· A leadership salary, plus Teachers’ Pension entitlement.
· An Employee Assistance Programme which gives staff confidential support and personalised information and resources.
For more information about the Manchester Nexus visit: http://manchesternexus.com/
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th January 2018 9.00am
Interviews will be held: 1st and 2nd February 2018