We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic individual as an Assistant Headteacher from Easter 2018. The successful candidate will help drive improvement to further develop the school, staff, students and the wider school community; all subject specialisms are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The role will require an innovative senior leader who:
• Is a talented practitioner, able to lead by example and inspire others whilst offering the right level of support and challenge to colleagues.
• Is a positive, resilient and confident individual who has the drive for success.
• Has successful middle / senior leadership experience in a secondary school setting.
• Is driven by excellence and can actively contribute to and promote, with the Headteacher, a clear vision for an effective school.
• Is determined to make our students the very best they can be.
• Can both build and lead effective teams while also being an effective team member.
• Is committed to the development and well-being of young people/learners.
• Is determined to make a positive difference to both young people and the life of the school.
Noel-Baker School converted to academy status as part of L.E.A.D Academy Trust on 1st February 2017. The school is now part of an Academy Trust, which was recently named by Ofsted's Chief Inspector, Sir Michael Wilshaw, as a "high performer" and was listed among the seven strong performing multi-academy trusts in the HMCI October commentary report; stating that it should be used as an example to others.
The new direction of the academy was further enforced by the school successfully appointing a new substantive Headteacher for September. This is an exciting and challenging time for Noel-Baker’s future development and the academy is on a journey of securing improvement and raising standards across all areas. The appointed candidate will benefit from joining a highly experienced, knowledgeable and passionate senior leadership team who offer excellent CPD alongside an array of opportunities to expand on your existing skills set.
The school has also been extensively transformed through the ‘building schools for the future’ programme with a new £34 million school that completed in September 2012 offering state of the art teaching and learning facilities.
Noel-Baker has high aspirations for the future and this will be an exciting and challenging journey working alongside the new Headteacher. If you possess these qualities and share the Headteacher’s vision and excitement for the new opportunities this school offers, then we will be delighted to hear from you.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school in advance of submitting their application to meet with the Headteacher and tour the school.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply, please contact Mandeep Sokhi at Hays Education on:
T: 0116 253 2389 / 07568 103 581
Closing date: Friday 17th November 2017 at 9.00am
Please note strong applications will be considered on receipt.