Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Target setting, Assessment and Recording and Intervention Lead.
Required for September 2018
Leadership Group Salary Band 12 - 16
The Appleton School is seeking to make a key appointment of a member of staff to join the Senior Leadership team.
Appleton is an over-subscribed school that has been judged as an Outstanding school by OFSTED in its last two inspections
Successful applicants will:
· Have a track record of effective middle or senior leadership experience
· Be able to think and act strategically
· Motivate staff and build a team committed to excellence
· Have an in-depth understanding of the 11-19 curriculum particularly vocational education and be able to handle data confidently, facilitating intervention which will bring about improvement
· Through their dynamic and inspirational leadership, be able to build even further the reputation of the school with students, parents and the wider community
· Have high expectations of student’s achievement, behaviour and wider participation in the life of the school
· Be a ‘self-starter’
A key area of responsibility for this post will be Target setting, Assessment and Recording and Intervention Lead. The successful candidate will also lead on vocational education and line manage a year group.