Are you ready for the most exciting few years of your career? Do you have the drive, inspiration and vision to lead both students and teachers in raising standards even further? If so, The Gates Primary School is the place for you. The 320 wonderful children are looking for you to help them reach their full potential and the staff are looking for you to join their friendly, positive and focused team.
The Gates Primary School is a one and a half form entry school with a preschool and is seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Assistant Headteacher to join our Senior Leadership Team. The post holder will play a full leadership role within the school. Specific areas of responsibility will be determined on appointment but are likely to include whole school leadership, curriculum, teaching and learning.
The post is a key appointment for the continued strive for excellence of our inspiring school team; our aim is to find the right person to join our school. Our main criterion for this appointment is an excellent teacher, who loves teaching with an absolute commitment and willingness to continue to learn, reflect and improve.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding class teacher who also has:
- Successful experience in a leadership and management role
- A track record of personal professional development
- Has very high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour for learning;
- A passionate belief in the potential of our students and a commitment to excellence
- The ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to motivate and inspire staff, students and parents
- A willingness to be involved in the wider life of the school
- A sense of humour
- A track record as a team player
We can offer:
- Wonderful children who are well behaved, motivated and enjoy their learning
- A supportive environment in which to develop your leadership skills and excellent opportunities for continued professional development
- A warm, welcoming school where everyone is valued
- A dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic team of staff and governors
- The chance to be the best you can be!
Visits to the school are always welcomed and encouraged. We are offering a selection of dates:-
Tuesday 17th April 9.15am
Thursday 19th April 4.15pm
Thursday 26th April 2.00pm
To arrange a visit please contact the school on 01942 634734
Closing date: for applications: Friday 27th April 12pm.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Observations : Friday 4th May, Monday 7th May, Tuesday 8th May
Assessment Centre : Wednesday 9th & 10th May
Interviews: Thursday 10th May
Please note that unsuccessful candidates at stage one will not be taken forward to stage two of the process
The Gates is committed to safer recruitment practice, and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).