Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 480 boys in Years 7-10 and we will keep growing year by year until the school is full. We will add a mixed Sixth Form from 2019 and will eventually have over 800 pupils studying at our school.
We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 50% Pupil Premium students. We are an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
The person specification and job description are detailed in the attached candidate information pack.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. You will work with the Senior Leadership Team, which is made up of the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, two existing Assistant Headteachers and the School Business Manager, to create an exciting learning environment with an emphasis on academic excellence and high standards of behaviour. This is a great opportunity to bring to life the vision and strategy in the creation of a brand new school.
The role has come about because of our growth into another Key Stage as the school grows year by year, meaning that we will require an additional member of the Senior Leadership Team for the next academic year. The school will move into its permanent site at Paddington Basin in September 2018 and the new Assistant Headteacher will have a major input in ensuring new facilities are used to the best advantage of our students.
All SLT members will play a crucial role in shaping the strategic direction of the school and support the Headteacher in determining the long term vision.
SLT will lead on delegated areas of responsibility where they will develop and implement standard operation procedures to ensure the smooth running of the school.
The SLT will lead a climate of learning where they act as role models of classroom practice and discharge their teaching duties effectively. The SLT will be models of outstanding behaviour to all staff and students, ensure they have high visibility around the school, throughout the day, at school events and in and out of school time.
In addition SLT members will:
· Undertake any professional duties of the Headteacher as reasonably delegated by the Headteacher.
· Carry out the professional duties particularly assigned within the specific job description below.
· Provide support for staff and students.
· Ensure the smooth running of the school and adherence to the various procedures within which the school operates and upon which its ethos and core values are based.
· Be an active member of the SLT.
· Undertake teaching responsibilities as appropriate.
• Contact us if you would like more information or a telephone conversation about the school or the position: email@example.com.
• If you would like to arrange a school visit or a telephone conversation, please contact the Headteacher’s PA on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Complete the application form fully, including the separate supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
• In your supporting statement, please describe how your experiences to date would prepare you for an Assistant Headteacher role at Marylebone Boys’ School.
• The deadline for all applications is Wednesday 29 November 2017.
• Interview process and timing: we will publish the timing of shortlisting and interviews very shortly. We will only interview candidates who provide 2 satisfactory references in advance, of whom one must be your current Headteacher.
• The interview process will include panel interviews and lesson observation.
• Candidates will have the opportunity to meet the Headteacher and Governors, and to ask questions.
• We will inform all candidates of the outcome of their application and provide feedback to shortlisted candidates who are not unsuccessful in the interview stage.