Northstowe Secondary College
Assistant Headteacher L11 - 15
Start date September 2019
We are looking for an energetic, passionate and hardworking Assistant Headteacher to join our New Senior Leadership Team at Northstowe Secondary College.
Applicants must be able to teach English, Maths, Science, Geography or MFL due to the teaching demands of a small start-up school.
Northstowe Secondary College is a brand new secondary school at the heart of the Northstowe Education Campus, due to open to Year 7 in September 2019. The College will become the cornerstone of the Northstowe Learning Community, which will in time include a primary school, a special educational needs school and a sixth-form college. The new secondary school will feature state-of-the-art facilities for science, catering and hospitality, the arts, sports and leisure, forming a comprehensive offer for our students and also our local community.
It is an exciting time to join our team as we embark on the journey to provide world class education to the developing community. You will be part of an experienced team that is creating an inclusive, innovative and aspirational learning environment for the young people and families it serves.
This position would be equally suitable for those wishing to take a step up from middle management or someone with previous experience as an Assistant Headteacher.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have a passionate and uncompromising commitment to pupil achievement
• Be a believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all children can experience success
• Possess outstanding communication skills and personal integrity
• Be open to collaboration between all schools on the Northstowe Education Campus
Senior leaders at Northstowe Secondary College can look forward to a high quality job package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our trust and its teaching school status, along with promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
We can offer you
• A post with the potential for future progression both within this role and the wider trust
• The support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development
• A successful teaching school within the CMAT trust and with a strong track record of staff development
• Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
• Northstowe Secondary College will be a brand new state of the art building, which will afford us an excellent working and learning environment
If you would like to join a new school, working very closely with Swavesey Village College, with a commitment to provide an excellent learning experience and outstanding pupil progress, please click on the link to apply for this post:
For further information, please visit our website (and that of our sister school Swavesey Village College) at:
or if you want to visit us contact Claire Newman email@example.com , recruitment administrator, or telephone 01954 234461.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 7th January. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
NSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).