We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a strong track record of leading on whole school initiatives who can demonstrate a positive impact on the achievements and progress of students using strategies that are accessible, sometimes innovative, but always sustainable.
Beaconsfield High School wishes to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Assistant Head who will focus on Data and Progress - for both staff and students. You will play a key role in the leadership of our successful, ambitious and remarkable school.
We want to recruit someone who is learning-centred and proactively focuses on the development, sharing and monitoring of best practice in data into information. This will then promote high levels of progress for all students so that they reach their full potential. As an Assistant Head (Data and Progress), and part of the Leadership Team, you will work in partnership with the Governing Body and contribute to the shared vision for the strategic development of Beaconsfield High School to ensure a 'happy, high achieving community’ for all students. You will also have a great interest in the impact of technology to deepen learning and help us to roll out BYOD across the school over time.
As an extremely successful, outstanding selective school, we would welcome applications from candidates with experience of different learning environments. We are looking for someone who understands how useful data is when presented in the right form and who has a passion for making learning exciting, memorable and challenging for the most able whilst recognising that a strong foundation for regular progress is far more important than just attainment.
We can boast wonderful students with a thirst for learning and a desire to embrace leadership. Our students want to work with you always. This year 65% of all GCSEs gained were A or A* with over 37% at A* only. 83% our sixth form students gained A*-B in their A2 examinations and this places us as the best 6th Form in Buckinghamshire. 8 students gained Oxbridge places. Because we care for and about our students and because our incredible staff deserve the best, we are always keen to improve pedagogy, raise our understanding of new ways to improve progress and excite our staff and students further with successful strategies to the very best learning.
The successful candidate will:
- be a graduate with qualified teacher status
- have held a senior middle leadership or leadership role and supported whole school improvement
- combine resilience and determination with an ability to inspire, innovate and motivate colleagues and students
- have knowledge of the powerful impact of data on informing and improving progress
- have the ability to teach at a ‘good’ or better level consistently.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Beaconsfield High School which:
- is a high performing 11-18 selective girls’ school
- has a team of specialist and committed teachers and a highly effective SEN team
- is committed to improving teaching and learning across the school
- is committed to the induction and professional development of staff
- is a happy, successful and high achieving school with a genuine sense of community.
Please complete the application form saying, in no more than 2 A4 sides, how your experience to date allows you to be an remarkable addition to our school.
Please send your application form via email to Paul J Garrett-Chapman: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Monday 16 October 2017 (9.30am latest) and if you are successful, we will call you by 6.30pm that same evening. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 18 October from 8.25am. The day will include a tour, 2 interviews, a lesson observation and a straightforward, pre-planned task.