Ivy House is an outstanding special school (Ofsted April 2016) that provides education for 83 children and young people aged between 2-19. Our pupils have severe, complex and profound & multiple learning disabilities. We offer a happy, supportive and purposeful environment where pupils are nurtured, praised and acknowledged for who they are, the skills they acquire and the tasks they accomplish.
Due to the retirement of our long-standing Early Years Leader, the governing body is looking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher who will take responsibility for further developing and leading provision within the Early Years setting. The post is to begin in September 2018, or sooner if possible.
The Assistant Headteacher will:
- Support the clear vision and ethos of the school.
- Contribute to the development and review of policies and practice, including the Self Evaluation Form and School Improvement Plan.
- Understand the importance of a child-centred and holistic curriculum offer for the children at Ivy House.
- Work as part of the schools safeguarding team as a deputy designated safeguarding lead.
- Work with the Headteacher and stakeholders to develop learning and teaching, curriculum, assessment and enrichment throughout the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The school will offer:
- A highly motivated, professional and well-trained team of staff.
- A purpose-built school with excellent facilities and resources.
- Opportunities to work with families to improve outcomes for all children.
- Support from other professionals and external agencies, to ensure that staff have the skills to meet the needs of each child.
- Excellent continuing professional development opportunities.
Further information about the school and our offer is available on the school website www.ivyhouse.derby.sch.uk
For more details please see the person specification and job description.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Angela Butcher (School Business Manager) on 01332 777 920 or email@example.com
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date for applications 16:00pm Monday 26th February 2018
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 6th March 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We will seek references for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.