From September 2018, the opportunity has arisen for a talented, ambitious and inspirational leader with a strong record in student achievement to lead our flourishing Sixth Form. You will be an excellent classroom practitioner with experience of teaching at KS5. A sense of humour, the ability to work well under pressure, a positive attitude to life and a genuine liking of young people are all essential personal qualities.
· have the vision to fully develop and lead the Sixth Form provision.
· have the opportunity to positively impact on the wider whole school.
· be an inspirational communicator and have the skills to both challenge and encourage students to achieve their potential.
· be committed to securing positive student outcomes.
· have the ability to think strategically
· lead by example and act as a strong role model
This role offers the opportunity to be and Assistant Head and be a part of our dynamic Senior Management Team
In return Leventhorpe School can provide:
· excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7M investment is plan to build a to include a new state of the art, performing arts block alongside a brand new science and sixth form block.
· a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards. We place strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
· exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
· first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work
· Subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
· Priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
Please apply by letter and application form which can be found on our website.
Closing date: Midday on Friday, 18th May 2018.
Interviews will take place on the Wednesday 23rd May 2018 and shortlisted candidates will be invited back for a panel interview on 24th May 2018.
Leventhorpe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS is required for all successful applicants.