We are seeking to appoint a talented individual to join us as Assistant Headteacher (Early Years Lead) at The Helena Romanes School. This newly-created role is an exciting and unique opportunity.
From September 2021, our school will become an all-through school and will begin admitting a small number of students into its primary phase. The primary phase will grow incrementally over the subsequent six years. Our primary provision will initially be based on our current site. It is planned that, from September 2023, the provision will relocate to a world-class, purpose built site close to our current location.
The successful applicant will work alongside the recently appointed Headteacher of the Primary Phase and the Trust’s primary leads to ensure that students at HRS receive an education of the highest quality. As the school grows, there will be opportunities for the successful candidate to undertake additional whole-school responsibilities in order to support their continuing professional development.
With the support of the Headteacher, and the Saffron Academy Trust, the successful candidate will have the rare opportunity to build the Early Years phase from the ground up, developing a curriculum that prepares children for, and takes advantage of, the opportunities of the all-through provision.
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher and leader who has a proven record of success with the drive and experience to secure outstanding outcomes through creative and innovative approaches to learning.
We are looking for someone who:
• has a track record of school improvement and curriculum innovation
• has successful leadership experience
• is an exemplary classroom practitioner and is able to model their outstanding practice
• has high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• has excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills with the ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support colleagues
• is committed to working in partnership with our parents and the local community
Why choose our school?
• We are a welcoming, friendly and caring school
• We offer excellent opportunities for professional development and a bespoke programme of support and training based on individual needs
• We are part of the highly successful Saffron Academy Trust
• We have strong links with local primary schools
• Transport links are excellent, with the A120, M11 and Stansted airport close by
Full details of the vacancy (and further information about the school) can be found here on the school website. If you have any queries, please contact Ceri Weston on 01371 872560, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to apply for the position please write a letter (no more than two sides of A4) outlining how your skills and experience have prepared you for the role. The letter must be accompanied by an application form.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
The closing date for applications is Monday 26th April, 2021 at 9am. Interviews will be held week beginning 3rd May 2021.
Helena Romanes School and Sixth Form Centre
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We are a mixed 11 – 18 Academy with over 1200 students on roll. The school is situated in beautiful countryside, occupying approximately 35 acres just to the north of Great Dunmow.
The school was established in 1958 and is named in honour of the firs...