Pay Range: Leadership Band Point 11-15
Start Date: 01/09/2021
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 9am 24th February 2021
Date of Interviews: 1st March 2021
Local Government Leadership Band 11 – 15. Pay scale will be reviewed as the school grows.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Senior Leadership Team at Paxman Academy as Assistant Headteacher – Raising Standards Lead. Paxman Academy is a brand new STEM school which will be entering its third year in September 2021. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitions, enthusiastic and dedicated leader with a focus on raising standards and developing our vocational curriculum offer. The successful candidate will possess the skills and experience to implement that vision in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation. They will also be an excellent subject leader with a proven track record in leading positive change.
We're looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Two years or more school leadership experience
- Experience of leading change and innovation in an educational context- Working towards a higher qualification in education or management
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- To lead the analysis of performance data to maximise outcomes for students
- To lead the school target setting process and ensure the commitment of all stakeholders to its success
- To raise standards by managing student tracking and intervention strategies in all year groups
- To set challenging targets for students and groups. Establish systems to share targets with all stakeholders to motivate and promote aspiration
- To lead analysis of data , providing summary information on student performance and group performance for a variety of audiences; including SLT, Pastoral Leaders, Tutors, Governors and Parents
- Manage interventions for underperforming students
- Lead the Vocational curriculum offer at Paxman Academy; ensuring that all practice is compliant and maximises student outcomes, taking national frameworks such as BTEC, OCR and NCFE into account
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification.)
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension
Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 503. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 24th February 2021 at 9am
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School:
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys s...