The Governors of West Lodge Primary School are looking for applications from imaginative and enthusiastic applicants, who will work alongside the Headteacher and senior leadership team to maintain and build upon the school’s high standards. West Lodge Primary School is a welcoming, caring and high achieving three form entry school in the heart of the vibrant, exciting community of Pinner. We have 651 pupils on roll and the school has an excellent reputation within the local community. The school has an additionally resourced provision for pupils on the autistic spectrum.
We are a friendly, dynamic, creative and inclusive school with all children’s needs at the forefront of our practice. At West Lodge we thrive on challenge, think creatively and have a strong learning culture. The appointed candidate will lead a strong staff team within the EYFS phase, model excellent teaching within EYFS and support the Deputy Headteacher with SEND.
The ideal candidate will have the highest expectations for all pupils and:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner and demonstrate an excellent understanding of EYFS pedagogy.
• Have an excellent understanding of learning and early childhood development.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of outstanding practice across EYFS.
• Have the skills to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
• Be an inspiring leader who is ready to motivate a team to provide outstanding teaching and learning.
• Be flexible, enthusiastic and visionary.
• Have experience of identifying, implementing, monitoring and evaluating effective learning and teaching strategies for pupils with SEND.
• Understand effective safeguarding procedures within a large school.
In return we can offer you:
• A friendly, hard-working team of staff with a strong learning culture and team ethic.
• A vibrant, diverse and aspirational school community.
• Highly motivated, cheerful and enthusiastic children.
• A range of excellent opportunities for professional development.
• A pro-active, highly skilled and supportive Governing Body.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged through school. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application packs can be obtained from Miss Neha Lakhani, School Business manager or downloaded from the school website: www.westlodge.harrow.sch.uk
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 9am Thursday 25th April 2019.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 29th April 2019.
The successful applicant will take up his/her post in September 2019.
West Lodge is an equal opportunities employer.