Ark Hastings Primary Academies - Ark Blacklands and Ark Little Ridge – are popular and over-subscribed schools in the heart of Hastings. They have a proven track record of raising standards. As part of the Ark schools network we are committed to making sure that every child has access to a great education and real choices in life. We know that great schools need great leaders, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Assistant Headteacher to join our Inclusion Team. This role will involve leading on inclusion across both the mainstream primary academy as well as the Speech & Language Centre (SLC) at Little Ridge. The SLC support children from reception to key stage 2 with a statement of special educational need/education, health and care plan for speech, language and communication needs.
We can offer you excellent opportunities for professional development as well as the support and guidance from the Executive Inclusion Manager for the Ark Hastings Primary Academies. You will also benefit from considerable administrative and teaching support in the form of the Academy Inclusion Co-Ordinator, Attendance Clerk and SEND admin support and a skilled team of teaching staff in the Speech & Language Centre.
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified teacher with the knowledge and experience of teaching pupils with special educational needs
- have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs
- have experience of leading and managing staff in developing and implementing effective provision for vulnerable pupils
- have good literacy and mathematical skills
- be hard working and adaptable to change
- have a secure understanding and knowledge of observing children’s learning
- be willing to undergo training in order to obtain the SENCo qualification
- have experience of or be willing to undergo training to develop specialist speech & language teaching skills
- have knowledge & understanding of record preparation and keeping in relation to SEND pupils
- evidence of leading on an impact that has improved pupil outcomes
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with school leaders and the local authority to shape the vision for the Speech & Language Centre.
If you have a passion for education and supporting pupils with special educational needs, we can offer you support and challenge to develop further. By joining the Ark schools network you will gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including comprehensive CPD, training and best-practice sharing opportunities, reduced gym membership, large retail discounts as well as the unique opportunity to apply for international exchanges and other scholarship prospects.
Interested in this exciting opportunity? If you have any questions and would like to arrange a visit please contact Mrs H Zebedee on 01424 752266, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the school.
To apply please go to http://arklittleridgeprimary.org/vacancies.
The closing date for applications is 9 am on Monday 9th January 2017.
Interviews: Monday 16th January 2017
Ark Blacklands and Ark Little Ridge Primary Academies are committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.