WHITCHURCH HIGH (FOUNDATION) SCHOOL
YSGOL UWCHRADD YR EGLWYS NEWYDD PENLLINE ROAD, CARDIFF, CF14 2XJ www.whitchurchhs.com
NOR: 2,300 (6TH FORM 400)
Headteacher : Huw Jones-Williams
ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER KS3 – KS2 LEADER
Required from 16th April 2018
GROUP 8 Salary Range L14 – L18 (£54,250 - £59,857)
The vacancy for an Assistant Headteacher KS3 – KS2 Leader has arisen due to the retirement of the previous Assistant Headteacher after 29 years distinguished service to the school.
We are looking for an outstanding leader who will make a significant impact on our journey to excellence.
• This is an excellent opportunity to join the Senior Leadership Team of Wales’ largest secondary school and one of the largest comprehensive schools in the UK
• Our last Estyn Inspection in January 2016 identified that the school is on an upward improvement journey
• Progress and standards have risen significantly in a number of key performance indicators since 2015 and have been sustained for the past three years
• Governors, teachers, non-teaching staff, students and parents work together purposefully to further raise standards in a successful, inclusive and caring community school
The successful applicant will be an outstanding leader and teacher with:
• Excellent leadership and management qualities
• A proven track record of raising standards and providing high quality learning for all students
• The ability to work productively and collaboratively with all stakeholders We look forward to hearing from you if you can make a difference for the benefit of all our students and the wider school community.
• Application deadline midday Thursday, 25th January 2018
• Interviews scheduled Thursday, 8th and Friday, 9th February 2018
Any queries please contact: Mrs Kath Jones, PA to Headteacher - email@example.com 029 2062 9711