ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER – KS3 LEAD
FT September 2018
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a high achieving practitioner to join our rapidly growing MAT. This is an opening that will provide an ideal platform for the successful candidate to move onto higher leadership or possible headship.
Grey Court School opened its sixth form in September 2014 and our first cohort of Year 13 students achieved exceptional results. In 2016 we became part of the Every Child, Every Day Multi Academy Trust and consequently, have further developed an extremely strong working relationship with The Hollyfield School and in January 2018 the school was given its second ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. We are very excited about the future and the opportunities the MAT will bring for staff and students alike.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher with the ability to lead and manage KS3 student outcomes, behaviour and welfare: ensuring positive academic outcomes, well-being and behaviour from all students; enabling them to be successful in every aspect of their school life after a smooth transition from primary school. The ability to teach Maths would also be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high achieving practitioner to join our rapidly growing MAT. It is an opening that will provide an ideal platform for the successful candidate to move onto higher leadership or possible headship.
The successful candidate will:
· be a focused and enthusiastic individual with the confidence to contribute to our outstanding leadership team.
· have a proven track record in leading and innovating change, particularly in pastoral care
- have experience in leading aspects of student welfare, safeguarding and inclusion
- be ambitious and well qualified
- be an excellent communicator capable of influencing and inspiring others
- possess strong leadership and management skills and be able to challenge and support both staff and students to great achievement
- hold to account those colleagues who fail to uphold or demonstrate agreed standards
- have a genuine passion for quality learning, pastoral care and excellence
- ensure that students are at the centre of every decision
- quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with our young people and enthuse and motivate them to work hard and try their best
- be prepared to share good practice and actively seek to continue to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching and pastoral care
- demonstrate personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instill in our young people
In return we can offer:
- development as a senior leader and preparation for headship, if this is something you aspire to
- the opportunity to work in an outstanding school, which is part of a new and exciting Trust
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- the opportunity to work with our motivated, ambitious and caring students.
- a school culture that understands the importance of staff wellbeing and workload management
- fantastic opportunities for continuous professional development
As a National Teaching School we value the continuous development of our teachers and associate staff. We offer significant CPD opportunities such as Masters in Teaching and Learning and the Outstanding Teacher Program amongst others. We have a vibrant and caring NQT program for newly qualified staff which is mindful of the changing demands of the NQT whilst also facilitating the growth of classroom craft.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment will be subject to the successful candidate undertaking an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Record Check.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018
(shortlisted applicants will be notified by 5pm the same day)
Interview date: Thursday 24th May 2018
For more information about Grey Court School, Job Descriptions and Application Forms please visit our website http://www.greycourt.richmond.sch.uk/joiningus. For an informal discussion please contact Ms Maggie Bailey (Headteacher) on 020 8948 1173 or email at email@example.com