West Lea School is an outstanding special school, based in Edmonton (London Borough of Enfield), for children and young adults with a range of special educational needs and disabilities. As a result of significant (recent) expansion, the school is now operating over five distinct sites/campuses. In addition to the core provision, the school is also working in partnership with London Borough of Enfield on a key provision based at Broomfield Secondary School.
The post holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the ‘Head of School’, assisting them with the management and organisation of the Learning for Life Centre (Campus). The post holder will be directly responsible for the leadership, internal organisation, management and control of the provision based at Broomfield Secondary School. This will include leading a team of staff within the provision, catering for pupils who have a range of complex special needs. The ‘Assistant Headteacher’ will work with the ‘Head of School’, other leaders and external agencies to ensure positive outcomes for the young people.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
- Has a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEND and can embrace the schools vision, aims and ethos of ‘Learning for life’.
- Has a clear vision, strong leadership and effective management skills.
- Is an exceptionally enthusiastic leader and is committed to managing and motivating children and staff, leading inspiring teams to raise standards in student outcomes.
- Has the ability to contribute to the management of a split site context, working independently and taking full responsibility for their remit and area.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a successful, continuously improving and supportive school, taking a lead role in an exciting phase of its development.
- The chance to join a talented, highly committed and supportive staff team.
- The opportunity to take a lead role in a school promoting independence and opportunity, with an ethos of empowering each child to be as independent as possible.
West Lea School is a popular and successful school. We are very proud of the school community and the way that we work together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges, in a positive climate where students have every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience “Learning for Life”.
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all workers and employees within Enfield are expected to share this commitment.
Informal visits and enquiries very welcome.
For further details and application pack, please visit: www.westleaschool.co.uk
Closing Date: 19th October 2018
Assessment Centre: 29th October 2018 (shortlisted candidates)
Interview Date: 30th October 2018