Guiseley School is a 11-18 fully inclusive school situated in a small town in the City of Leeds in West Yorkshire. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it is now a suburb of north west Leeds, and close to the stunning Dales. The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to further strengthen the Leadership team, to commence in post from 1st April 2018.
We wish to appoint an outstanding individual, able to inspire and motivate both colleagues and students, and provide support, development and appropriate challenge. We seek not only an outstanding classroom practitioner but someone able to handle this challenging position with energy, drive, enthusiasm and imagination. The Assistant Headteacher will be responsible for raising standards and achievement though driving forward excellence in Teaching and Learning, using effective strategies to provide individual support and whole school staff development and training.
The successful candidate will:
- Evidence strong and strategic middle leadership and management skills
- Be a strategic thinker who will inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Have a proven ability to implement change
- Evidence knowledge and a strategic grasp of raising standards and achievement through driving forward excellence in Teaching and Learning, and whole school staff development and training
- Have a strong record of raising achievement and pupil premium initiatives
- Have outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate experience of enhancing school ethos and student behaviour
Full application details are available via our website www.guiseleyschool.org.uk/about-us/recruitment. All applications to be either posted or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Monday 22 January 2018
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 February 2018
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We seek to promote diversity and equality of opportunity - applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, race, marital status, age, disability, sexuality, religion or faith.