Seven Mills Primary School,
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: L 5 – 9 inner London payscale (£50,906 - £55,411)
Contract Term: Permanent
Fantastic Opportunity for Experienced Primary Teacher Wishing to Develop Leadership Skills
Seven Mills is a small, friendly and successful primary school, located just five minutes walk from Canary Wharf. We currently have 237 keen, well-behaved children on roll who are eager to learn.
In order to increase and develop the school’s leadership capacity for future years, governors now wish to appoint a second assistant headteacher. The successful applicant will have a real passion for the ‘nuts and bolts’ of teaching and learning, and will contribute to the leadership team’s ongoing work to ensure that:
• teaching and learning across the whole school is of the highest quality;
• our children experience a stimulating, engaging and meaningful curriculum;
• our families receive the very best pastoral care and support.
The assistant headteacher will:
• have a class responsibility with a 0.8 teaching timetable – we are looking for someone who is confident to teach either Year 6 or Year R;
• act as our literacy co-ordinator across the school.
We are looking for someone who can:
• work sensitively and collaboratively alongside colleagues to embed high quality teaching and learning, supporting with planning, lesson delivery and assessment;
• make sure that breadth, balance and meaningful pupil engagement are sustained within our topic-based curriculum;
• lead, sustain and develop the school’s successful literacy provision.
Our ideal candidate will:
• have solid, class-based experience of a range of different primary year groups, ideally in more than one key stage;
• be a reflective practitioner, who is open to trying new ideas and strategies;
• have the initiative to spot school improvement opportunities and the energy to carry them out.
They will also:
• understand that children are people, not numbers;
• believe that teaching and learning should be fun; • enjoy inventing and delivering stimulating, exciting lessons;
• have high expectations and pay attention to the detail of children’s individual social and learning needs;
• have a genuine commitment to the celebration of diversity, including the day-to-day practice of inclusion of a wide-range of special needs within a small mainstream school;
• enjoy working from first principles, not worksheets.
This would be a really good opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher to work within a strong leadership team with an experienced head. The successful candidate will be supported to develop the wide range of leadership strategies that are needed run a 21st century London school, with a focus on the key skill of leadership of learning.
Further information and an application pack may be downloaded from the school's website: www.sevenmills.towerhamlets.sch.uk .Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 0207 987 2350 or email@example.com