• Are you passionate about challenging students to achieve their absolute best?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your teaching career?
We recognise that our students and our local community deserve the very best and we are looking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Assistant Headteacher who shares the school’s commitment to continued improvement and whose vision and passion will significantly contribute to our school’s success.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for a wide range of activities and will work in close collaboration and add capacity to the existing Senior Leadership Team. The role requires a person who will drive forward our works on developing staff and students. In addition, the person appointed will provide leadership and support to allocated curriculum areas and to enhancing our climate for learning.
The exact requirements will be negotiated to meet the aptitudes and interests of the successful candidate and the most important aspect of our selection process is that we select the right person for Villiers High School.
Villiers High School is a vibrant, multicultural school located in the heart of the community of Southall in the London Borough of Ealing. We are committed to high standards of teaching and have an innovative approach to education. We place a high value on staff professional learning and it is at the centre of our work. The post holder would join a well-informed and ambitious staff and would benefit from extensive training and development opportunities.
‘"There is clear evidence of strong leadership and management at all levels of the school." Ofsted 2018 (Short inspection)
Full details of the post can be found in the job description and person specification.
• We have a huge suite of professional learning opportunities in school and use our PMR system combined with staff aspirations to construct this. Staff are encouraged and supported financially to become examination markers and to carry out extra qualifications such as the NPQ* suite, Master’s Degrees and Doctorates. All teams belong to their professional subject association in order to continue developing their subject knowledge and pedagogy. Middle and Senior Leaders regularly meet with their counterparts from other schools in the local authority to collaborate and share best practice as part of the Ealing Learning Partnership. *National Professional Qualifications including NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH.
On Thursdays staff finish teaching early so they can meet and plan collaboratively with their departments and pastoral teams. Staff professional learning also takes place on this day as do any other after school meetings and events such as parents evenings so that staff only ever have to plan child-care or a late finish one night of the week. Where meetings or events run later in the evening we provide a meal for all staff. For further information on the perks of working at Villiers High School, please click here.
• an outstanding teacher and leader
• a person with vision, drive and initiative required to achieve further success
• an enthusiastic, committed and passionate individual, able to motivate and inspire young people and colleagues
• an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
How to apply
Application and further details can be obtained by visiting our school website, staff section > vacancies. Please note that the school does not accept CVs. Once completed, please submit your application by email to the HR Manager, Ms Amrit Growan at HR@villiers.ealing.sch.uk.
Please inform us of which subject you would prefer to teach on your interview date.
We are more than willing to show you around the school if you wish to arrange a visit. Please contact the HR Manager as per above and a time and date will be arranged at your convenience.
Closing date: December 2021
Shortlisting and interviews will take place after Christmas holidays
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure for the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as Criminals Records Bureau). Further information can be found at: www.gov.uk.
Villiers is a highly successful, 11-19 co-educational school with students from a variety of religions, faiths and countries. They work, play and flourish together in our outstanding learning environment developing respect and understanding for each ...