Gunnersbury Catholic School is seeking to appoint a highly talented and successful leader to the role of Assistant Headteacher at our outstanding School. This post provides the opportunity for an ambitious leader to receive the very best coaching, training and experience so as to rapidly enable him/her to move on to Deputy headship. As a school that has consistently enabled extraordinary outcomes for our students, we are uniquely placed to develop and guide the new Assistant Headteacher in this next critical step of their career. Applications are welcome from individuals of all religions who will support the Catholic ethos of our school.
This position provides the opportunity to engage in leadership of the highest level at one of the leading schools in the country. Reflecting the multiple skills and considerable talents of our leadership team we are able to define the specific responsibilities of the successful applicant upon appointment. The initial role of the new Assistant Headteacher will be determined by their current strengths, potential and interests. Potential foci for the role include leadership of one of the following areas: Teaching and Learning, Key Stage Director, Pastoral Care.
Personal ambition and a desire for furthering the life chances of young people are key attributes required within our new Assistant Headteacher. Previous leadership experience, whilst expected, is not as important as talent and application. Our new leader will be a gifted teacher, with excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity for curriculum, pastoral and whole-school operational leadership. Above all we seek an individual with the undoubted potential to be swiftly developed by Gunnersbury into a leading future Deputy Headteacher and ultimately Headteacher.
Year on year Gunnersbury Catholic School has developed our staff to become fantastic teachers and leaders. In doing so, from one year to the next, we have enabled unparalleled success for our students. Our school is:
- a Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and behaviour are exemplary
- committed to providing quality support, guidance and coaching to develop our staff so that they may progress to the highest levels as teachers and leaders
- One of the top 5 Boys’ Comprehensive Schools in the country for GCSE attainment (DfE performance table 2016)
- an environment that enables achievement of the highest order (89% 5A*-C GCSEs, including English and Maths, in 2016: Progress 8 score of +0.56)
- determined by the Fischer Family Trust as being amongst the top 1% of schools for GCSE achievement
- determined ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2009)
- a workplace where staff are a friendly, welcoming and helpful team
Applicant packs and application forms are to be found on this (TES) page or may be downloaded from our website www.gunnersbury.com
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher’s PA – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 22 March 2017
Gunnersbury Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
GUNNERSBURY CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The Ride Boston Manor Road Brentford London TW8 9LB
Tel: 020 8568 7281
A Voluntary Aided School
NOR 1180 (including a mixed sixth form)