We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher with experience of leading a substantial curriculum area and a proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning for students aged 11-19 years, who have a range of special educational needs. The successful candidate will possess the ability to share their practice, work with a positive and optimistic outlook and drive forward improvements.
Collaboration is a strength of the school, and we wish to recruit a team player who will work well with school leaders, teachers and teaching assistants to develop the highest standard of pedagogy within the classroom. With appropriate experience the post holder will lead on a curriculum area, securing the best possible outcomes for our pupils across school. The post holder will provide leadership for the development of teaching and learning across the curriculum in addition to leading on one or more curriculum areas. Additional responsibilities may include negotiated leadership of a school development area.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a track record of outstanding teaching with experience and interest in SEN practices and provision, having extensive knowledge of how to meet the needs of SEN pupils.
- Provide support and guidance to colleagues, with the capacity to further develop wider leadership responsibilities as part of the Leadership Team.
- Have the ability, imagination and inspiration to lead and further improve a strong and effective team of teachers and teaching assistants within the school
- Be experienced in formulating, developing and evaluating the aims and objectives of the school.
- Raise standards of teaching and learning and establish policies through which this will be achieved
- Lead whole school developments linked to the school development plan priorities with accountability for the delivery and outcomes in key areas
- Have a great deal of enthusiasm to motivate and inspire all pupils to learn and will show their impact from their current post on pupil learning
- Have a significant impact on selected curriculum areas
- Have excellent communication and team working skills
- Be able to contribute fully to the life of the school
- A supportive, enthusiastic and collaborative staff team
- A well-resourced environment with excellent professional development opportunities
- Strong links with other schools
- Fantastic students and a vibrant school community
Closing date for applications: Midday Thursday 25th April 2019
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 6th May 2019
School visit: Welcome by prior arrangement
Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post. CVs will not be accepted in place of the application form. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange.
We anticipate that the selected candidate will be based at Pioneer House initially although teachers may be expected to teach across the Trust over time. The assessment format will comprise of lesson observation (in your own school where possible), presentation and a panel interview. Our recruitment policy, Child Protection and Safeguarding policy and Privacy Notice for applicants can be found on the school website.
For further information please visit the school website www.pioneerhousehighschool.net
Completed applications and enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Pioneer House High School is a 100 place Free Special School, established in September 2016, for students with significant learning difficulties aged from 11-19 years. The school has a focus on developing Enterprise, Employability and Independence Skills with our pupils; as a result of rapid growth we require an assistant head teacher, with experience of working with pupils with SEND, to join our successful and committed team.
Prospere Learning Trust was formed in September 2017 through the merger of two multi academy trusts. We currently employ over 500 staff and are passionate about securing the best possible education for our young people, and believe that our staff play a vital role in achieving our vision. Prospere Learning Trust currently comprises of 5 secondary schools, including 3 mainstream schools and 2 special needs schools. We are a growing Trust, currently working in the South Manchester area but with further schools anticipated across Greater Manchester.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. The post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (amended in 2013). Appointable candidates will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information provided by you or the DBS will be dealt with in a confidential manner and in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice which can be viewed here.
We have a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders and it is available upon request.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
Prospere Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.