Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Following the current post holder's appointment as HMI, Schools, North Gosforth Academy are seeking a highly motivated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher. The successful candidate will provide proactive support to the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher and ensure that the leadership and management of the Academy operate at the most effective level possible. We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven leader with experience in developing and implementing new initiatives either within a department or whole school. As a Senior Leader you will be a highly visible part of our school community and must therefore model the highest levels of professionalism, whilst being able to develop strong working relationships with staff and students.
What we need:
• Evidence of successful engagement / long-term interest in pastoral work
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• Evidence of leadership and teamwork activities
• Ability to relate well to students in teaching and pastoral roles
• Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
• A sense of humour and adaptability
• Ability to respond consistently and professionally to challenging behaviours of all kinds
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Free use of an on-site gym
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please note you will be employed by the Gosforth Group Ltd and will work across all locations within the Multi Academy Trust as required.
North Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit our website http://www.gosforthacademy.org.uk/north-gosforth.
Completed application forms to be returned to the PA to the Headteacher at email@example.com