Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,400 pupils offering a rich and deep curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in October 2019 and was judged ‘Outstanding’.
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
To start September 2020
We are in a position to offer an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and inspirational leader to take the next step in their leadership career.
The fundamental purpose of this role is to lead Personal Development across school. Your application needs to express what you will contribute to the role based on your skills, knowledge and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, motivated and inspirational leader with the passion and drive to excel in their field.
Your application will need to demonstrate that you are/have:
• Substantial senior or middle leadership experience in a secondary school with strong evidence of success and impact.
• Experience of leadership of whole school initiatives.
• An ability to analyse and evaluate personal development effectiveness to improve outcomes for pupils.
• An understanding of best practice and experience of planning effective curriculum programmes to improve personal development, FBV, SMSC, pupil wellbeing and mental health.
• The ability to motivate, inspiring confidence in pupils that they can succeed and achieve their personal best.
• An ability to manage conflict and think creatively to solve problems.
• A deep knowledge and clear understanding of educational legislation, new innovation and developments.
• An ability to use the full range of leadership skills and qualities including emotional intelligence as appropriate to the situation.
• A personal commitment to inclusion and diversity to ensure the maximum benefits for pupils and staff.
• An enthusiastic leader, committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all pupils.
• Someone who can provide clear direction and shared purpose for all pupils, staff and stakeholders.
• A strong commitment to personal development for all staff including yourself.
You will also need to be:
• Supportive of the academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the academy and the wider community.
• Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development initiatives and strategies, promoting whole school improvement.
• An excellent communicator who is at ease with all stakeholders but particularly pupils and parents.
• Able to demonstrate an ability to be resilient and determined whilst also providing support, demonstrating empathy when dealing with staff in a sensitive and considerate manner.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Miss Ellis Betteridge, HR Officer to arrange a visit.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 20th February 2020 at 12pm, with interviews taking place the following week.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Miss Ellis Betteridge, HR Officer on 01977 605060.