Assistant Headteacher - Personal, Development, Behaviour and Welfare
Salary: L8-10 (negotiable on experience)
Closing date: 27th April 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 7th May 2018
This is an exciting time to join the Olive Academies Multi-Academy Trust and this role will offer the successful candidate the chance to help shape our provision at our academy in Thurrock.
The role of Assistant Headteacher will give an inspirational school leader a unique opportunity to be part of our journey to outstanding from the start.
The exact leadership responsibilities of our Assistant Headteacher will be tailored to the strengths of the successful candidate.
We are a dynamic and passionate Senior Leadership Team and we are looking for a candidate with talent, energy and vision. Our ideal candidate would be a successful middle leader or senior leader with a track record of impact and raising standards.
We are looking for you if you are:
- a values driven school leader who wants to help transform the life chances of young people
- an innovative leader who wants to work outside of the constraints of mainstream education
- someone who is ambitious for Deputy Headship and wants to take advantage of the career progression opportunities our Trust has to offer
- an inspirational thinker who wants the opportunity to have considerable impact on outcomes for our young people
- looking for challenges in specialist education whilst maintaining strong links to mainstream education
- a team player who thrives in a supportive, collegiate environment
- interested in expeditionary learning, outdoor learning and service learning for young people
- keen to help us shape a completely new way of working with students with social, emotional and mental health challenges
What we can offer you:
- the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum
- a close and supportive team environment
- fast track to leadership and career progression
- high quality CPD and strong links to mainstream schools
- an organisation which has the child at the centre of everything we do
We welcome visits from prospective applicants. Come and see our brand new state of the art academy building and meet our headteacher, Jo Hill, who is happy to discuss the post with any prospective candidates. You can contact Jo Hill via email email@example.com or call the academy office on 01708 853781
Olive Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Olive Academies is a multi-academy trust, approved by the Department for Education. Established in 2013, it is one of the first academy sponsors specialising in alternative provision in England. Its principal aims are to encourage students, many of whom live in deprived communities, to develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives. Find out more about the trust at www.oliveacademies.org.uk
Olive AP Academy – Thurrock
Leicester Road, Tilbury
T: 01708 853781