GES is a wonderful and academically successful school located on the shores of Lake Leman and overlooking the Mont Blanc. We are looking for an exceptional teacher and leader to be our first Assistant Headteacher responsible for post 16 (A levels). This is an exciting role as the sixth form only opens in September and so you will be responsible for shaping the A level education for our first year group and then expanding and developing the provision over the years to come. This is a unique opportunity for someone with the following experiences:
- You must be an excellent teacher and have a track record of getting outstanding A level results in your subject area. This could be in state, private or international schools and will be checked at interview. You must be able to teach the whole ability range of students including those with SEN
- You must have teaching and learning leadership experience. This could be through already being an assistant Principal or head of sixth form or leading a large department. We will want to hear how you have developed other staff to improve their teaching and impact in the classroom
- You must have experience helping students get into the top universities in the UK and possibly in other countries too
- You will have a strong idea about what a good post 16 education looks like and lead staff and students to achieving ambitious goals around results and university admissions
- You will be a strong leader and will have a demonstrable track record of improving others and leading a school area to success
- You will be a team player, enjoying working with others and keen to ensure that GES becomes the best international school in Geneva over the next 5 years
As a school we offer wonderful, committed and exceptionally behaved students who are keen to learn and be challenged by their teachers. Being situated in the glorious Geneva region of Switzerland outdoor pursuits, glorious scenery and safe, friendly and efficient public transport await you. The school is well equipped and has an exciting journey ahead. We are a well-respected and fast growing school with a friendly, family ethos and a commitment to academic excellence. I became headteacher in September after leading a large inner city secondary school and have enjoyed every moment of my time at the school so far. We are on an exciting journey and this role will be pivotal to the future success of the school.
Thank you for your interest in our school,
Matt Williams - Headteacher
How to apply
Applications should be made through our TES school portal. Please do not send a CV, as they are not accepted. In your application letter you should ensure that you outline your impact and successes and how you meet the job description and person specification. Due to the large number of applications we get for every role, it may not be possible to contact every candidate but we thank you in advance for your interest in our school. If you would like further information or an informal chat with the headteacher, Matt Williams, then please contact HR via email@example.com
- Deadline for application is Monday 14th December
- Interviews via Skype w/b 11th January
- Final interviews in Geneva w/b 25th January (COVID-19 depending)
- Role commences in August 2021.
GES is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, enhanced national/international criminal records checks and prohibition from teaching checks. In some instances social media/Internet checks may also be carried out.
Geneva English School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years